Tuesday 2 October 2012

Psychiatry, Political Abuse?

From our history as a human kind, we have been mislead by many politicians, religious leaders and media (newspapers, tv, radio and books)

How do I know? I read a lot of articles ha ha hee hee.

I have no problem with my mental state except when I get angry. so don't! There seems to be quite a few people who suffer from mental illness in UK according to the boffins.

The facts and figures around Mental Health in the UK are alarming.
 
•1 in 4 people will experience some kind of mental health problem in the course of a year
•Mixed anxiety and depression is the most common mental disorder in Britain
•Women are more likely to have been treated for a mental health problem than men
•About 10% of children have a mental health problem at any one time
•Depression affects 1 in 5 older people
•Suicides rates show that British men are three times as likely to die by suicide than British women
•Self-harm statistics for the UK show one of the highest rates in Europe: 400 per 100,000 population
•Only 1 in 10 prisoners has no mental disorder


Now lets take them one by one.
 1 in 4 have mental problems in the last year. Hurray I am not one of them.
 Anxiety and depression is an on going mental problem for me. Just before I try to chat up a bird I have anxiety. When I get the thumbs down from her I feel depressed. So I have a problem.
 I am male.
 So when I concider these I must be either sufferer or not.

In US it is similar but there are more names for these disorders in the mental capacity.

So in the past history of human kind we have seen psychiatry and politics go hand in hand. And I wrote this in my other blogsphere.


















No comments: